Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Walk by faith, not by sight

Taking one day at a time...looking over the last few weeks, thinking about heaven and the joy Whitney feels and how happy she is in a place where she is healed and in the arms of Jesus. Everything is still very raw, this is still extremely hard. I lean more on Christ then I ever have in my entire life. We all are.

I went back to March 11th in the devotional Jesus Calling to see what was said on that day...a day we may have not understood what was about to happen and where our journey would take us in the very long days we went through while our Whitney was in ICU and then the weeks to come.

March 11th...Jesus Calling---WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT. As you take steps of faith, depending on Me, I will show you how much I can do for you. If you live your life too safely, you will never know the thrill of seeing Me work through you. When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength. That's why it is so wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you. The issue is not your strength but mine, which is limitless. By walking close to Me, you can accomplish My purposes in My strength.

Our journey isn't even close to being over and wont be over until we are home with Jesus and where Whitney is...and then wow, that is really just the beginning...years ago when I had faced some medical trauma, I had been on a healing road myself, questioned the whys and for what reason's...I had read a book a friend had given me...in the words written, it had talked about the small amount of time we are really here on Earth and how much it is a dot a literal dot of time...and eternity is our heavenly home and even though I remained here on Earth and my journey still continues, I find comfort in knowing there is a place, our real home...and someday and someday soon I will see my sister, my dad and the many loved ones who went home before us.

This reality doesn't take away from the pain and grief we are all facing now and for however long, but there is so much more hope in our journey on Earth and forever more. Whitney will be forever in our hearts, always missed. We can also rejoice in her life eternal with Jesus and we will be joining her sometime soon.

Your loving prayers and Jesus' love are what is getting us through each day we are facing.

Our hearts still remain heavy, but hopeful at the same time.

Whit's Sisters

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart!!
    Love, hugs, and prayers to all of you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to thank you DeAnna for sharing your heart with us, may God squeeze your family tight in his arms forever and ever.
    Holle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this so private moment with us. You are continually lifted up in prayer. Much love to all of you and thank you for being an example to all of us of what it means to have faith and trust.
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and reading that passage from the Jesus Calling book gave me the chills. That was perfect for the situation that was to follow. How amazing God is to give us little glimpses of his love. As always wonderfully written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DeAnna and family, may a deep and healing peace and persistent strength continue to find your family. We will continue to pray for your family. All of our thoughts are with you through this tough time of grief and healing. ((HUGS))
    ~Tye & family

    ReplyDelete